Brain Awareness Week is March 12 – 18
The brain is the control center of the body. It controls thoughts, memory, speech and movement. It regulates the function of many organs.
10 Fun Facts about the Brain:
- The weight of the human brain is about 3 pounds.
- Your skin weighs twice as much as your brain.
- The brain is made up of about 75% water.
- The brain can feel no pain.
- The human brain is 2% of total body weight.
- Your brain stopped growing at age 18.
- Your brain uses 20% of the total oxygen in your body.
- Most people dream about 1-2 hours a night and have an average of 4-7 dreams each night.
- If you are snoring, you are not dreaming.
- Laughing requires activity in 5 different areas of the brain.
For more information on Brain Awareness Week, visit www.dana.org/brainweek.