Benefits and Services
Our member services department will tell you how Magnolia works and how to get the care your child needs. The member services call center can help you to:
- Find a primary care provider (PCP)
- Schedule an appointment with your child’s PCP
- Obtain a new ID card
- Obtain information about covered and non-covered benefits
- Obtain a list of health plan providers
- Report a potential fraud issue
- Request new member materials
- Obtain information about care management
- Assisting with emergency issues
- Explain your child’s rights and responsibilities
- Handling, recording and tracking member grievances and appeals
Please call 866-912-6285 (TDD/TTY: 877-725-7753). Magnolia member services department will be open from 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. CST on the first working day of the week; Tuesday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. CST; and the second weekend of the month, Saturday and Sunday from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. CST. Calls received after business hours are sent directly to NurseWise. NurseWise nurses are available 24 hours a day, seven (7) days a week, including holidays.
NurseWise is a free health information phone line. NurseWise is ready to answer your health questions 24 hours a day – every day of the year. NurseWise is staffed with licensed nurses who respond to incoming calls. They are trained to assess the nature of the situation, provide appropriate medical information, and advise members how to obtain care after hours and on weekends.
- Medical advice
- Health information library
- Answers to questions about your child’s health
- Advice about a sick child
- Help with scheduling PCP appointments
Sometimes you may not be sure if your child needs to go to the emergency room (ER). If you are not sure if your child is having an emergency, call your Magnolia case manager during working hours or call Nursewise after hours. If you have an emergency, call 911 or go to the nearest ER.
Please click on the link below to view the enhanced services for the Magnoilia Mississippi CHIP Program: