Prior Authorization for Prescriptions Only Fax Number Change Notice
The prior authorization for prescriptions ONLY fax number for Magnolia Health has changed effective November 1, 2018. The new fax number is 1-877-386-4695.
Your prior authorization for prescriptions ONLY request has been forwarded. However, in order to prevent any delay in member service, please update your records and begin using the new fax number immediately.
Magnolia Health is committed to providing appropriate, high-quality, and cost-effective drug therapy to all Magnolia Health members. Magnolia Health covers prescription medications and certain over-the-counter medications with a written order from a Magnolia Health provider. The pharmacy program does not cover all medications. Some medications may require prior authorization and some may have limitations. Other medically necessary pharmacy services are covered as well.
Effective January 1, 2020, a $1.00 Co-pay for prescription medications may apply for some Magnolia Health – MississippiCAN members. This copay will apply to Brand Name Drugs, Over the Counter Drugs, Narcotic Drugs, and Benzodiazepine Drugs. There will be a monthly out of pocket copay maximum of $11.00 per household. The copay maximum will reset on a monthly basis.
Members who meet the below criteria will be copay exempt:
- Pregnant Members
- Members ages 18 and under
- Members of the Indian Race
Medications below are copay exempt:
- Antiretroviral Drugs
- Hepatitis C Drugs
Use our Medicaid Preferred Drug List (Link) to find more information on the drugs that are covered.
- Preferred Drug List (PDL) (PDF)
- Division of Medicaid - Pharmacy Resources
- Division of Medicaid - Provider Notice of Preferred Drug List Changes (PDF)
- Division of Medicaid - 90-Day Drug Maintenance List / Disease States (PDF)
- Division of Medicaid - 90-Day Drug Maintenance List / Alphabetical (PDF)
- Prior Authorization Forms
- Pharmacy Reimbursement
- Diabetic Test Strips (PDF)