Reporting Fraud, Waste and Abuse
Authority and Responsibility
Magnolia Health is serious about finding and reporting fraud and abuse. Our staff is available to talk to you about this. Here is the address and phone numbers:
Or you can call Magnolia’s waste, abuse, and fraud hotline at 1-866-685-8664.
Waste, abuse, and fraud means that any member, any provider, or another person is misusing Magnolia Health’s resources. This could include things like:
- Loaning, selling or giving your child’s Magnolia Health member ID card to someone
- Misusing Magnolia Health benefits
- Billing Magnolia Health for “free” services
- Wrongful billing to Magnolia Health by a provider
- Billing Magnolia Health for services not provided
- Any action to defraud Magnolia Health
- You can also report fraud and abuse to Medicaid.
Division of Medicaid
Office of the Governor
Attn: Office of Program Integrity
550 High Street, Suite 1000
Jackson, Mississippi 39201
Phone: 601-576-4162 or 1-800-880-5920
- You must not share your child’s benefits with anyone.
- Magnolia Health network providers must report any misuse of benefits to Magnolia Health.
Your child’s healthcare benefits are provided to your child based on your child’s eligibility for CHIP. You must not share your child’s benefits with anyone. Magnolia’s network providers must also report any misuse of benefits to Magnolia. Magnolia must also report any misuse or wrongful use of benefits to Medicaid. If you misuse your child’s benefits, you could lose them.
If you think a provider, a hospital, another Magnolia member, or another person is misusing Magnolia resources, tell us right away. We will take action against anyone who does this. Magnolia will take your call about waste, abuse, and fraud seriously. Call Magnolia’s WAF hotline at 1-866-685-8664. You do not need to give your name.